Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bye Bye Big 12?

UGH.

I am horribly saddened, shocked and in a glass case of emotion about the possible (and more than likely imminent) collapse of the Big 12.

Let's start this off right and naturally point fingers. I blame Nebraska. Nebraska and their need/want to join the Big Ten. Nebraska couldn't hack it in the Big 12 and to quote my brother wanted their football program to "return to a cream of the crop status-pun being they are the cornhuskers" and they just couldn't and would not be able to compete yearly with Oklahoma and Texas.

So now that we know who's to blame...NEBRASKA!!! Let me be clear. I don't place blame on fans, students, teachers of the U. of Nebraska. They don't have a say in this. It's the greedy, revenue, money seeking board of regents and the higher ups of Nebraska (uh Tom Osbourne I'm giving you a menacing look).

The Pac-10 wants Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, OK-St., and would rather have Colorado than Baylor; those schools in men's basketball were all 1-15 in Allen Fieldhouse.

My concern and I will admit highly insecure feeling is what will happen to Kansas (and I guess Kansas State....ugh ok fine, Mizzou too). It's not every day that I actually give a crap about Missouri, but word around town is they wanted the Big Ten, but now the Big Ten has lost interest. Ouch, sounds kind of like some of my past relationships :) haha just kidding!

Kansas has formed an alliance with K-State. We won't go to a conference that won't have them. So where will KU land? I could be horribly biased (not likely though) but what conference wouldn't want KU!? We've got a huge Alumni base (and we frickin are willing to travel for our JAYHAWKS), our basketball team 6 straight conference titles-a few National Championships- our football program is..well..we have football. I have heard KU's search for a conference compared to Lebron's pending free agency, yeah it's gonna be THAT big.

I will admit though, the recent ticket scandal and Lou Perkins' scandal might give other conferences a second thought about us. However, I just am hoping that's my pessimistic side.

To wrap this up. I'm sad to see the demise of the Big 12. Blame Nebraska. Who wouldn't want Kansas?! (For those who don't, then fine I didn't want to play your crap team anyways.) Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment