Sunday, January 17, 2010

What's in a Tooth?

It's been well publicized that Cole Aldrich is missing a tooth. It got knocked out during a game last season, they put it back in, then it got knocked out again and now he's more than content playing without it this season.

However I'm beginning to feel that tooth was Cole's super power. Last season, he averaged a double-double every game. While I'm not precisely aware of his season stats as of today, I can say this: he is playing his way out of a NBA lottery pick should he chose to leave KU for the NBA after this season.

Lately, Cole is not good. Missing free throws and basically lacking a killer instinct. While I would rather he stay all four years at KU, I hate to see him playing so horribly (mostly because every game he sucks, that makes me more and more nervous about our chances at winning the National Championship this year...). Especially after this last game vs. Texas Tech, Cole (and all the starters) looked like he was just going through the motions. Not crashing the boards, pulling down rebounds, slammin' dunks. It's really painful, at times, to watch him play.

So please Cole, start playing better...now.

In a completely unrelated topic, Tyshawn Taylor you can transfer to another school. I wouldn't mind it. In fact, I'll help you find another school to play at. You are an embarrassment to everything Kansas stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment