Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Can Lane Kiffin Please Shut His Mouth?


Seriously. Shut your mouth. I know he is trying to garner publicity for Tennessee Football, but in my mind the best way to get publicity for your team is by winning games and beating Florida. Not by beating up Florida and Urban Meyer in the press.

Kiffin's way of getting publicity for his football program is by making a fool of himself in the media. I will say I felt bad for Kiffin after getting fired from the Oakland Raiders, in what still looks somewhat 'unfair' however since taking over the football program at Tennessee I wish Kiffin would just go away.

My main question is: who does he think he is? Did anybody really know about him and/or care about him pre-firing at Oakland? I didn't. Now he can't keep is mouth shut. My advice-win games, build consecutive winning seasons and maybe beat Florida occasionally and then you can make bold statements because you'll have the past results to back you up.

One of my best friends told me that if I were a dog, I would be a Chihuahua because my bark is louder than my bite (ie. I would yell at someone/defend myself to the fullest, but lack the physical strength and size to actually do any real damage)...and I would classify Lane Kiffin as one too. So would John Taylor at CollegeFootballTalk.com "The more I hear from Kiffin, and the more I see what he's doing on Saturdays, I'll be damned if that lil' ankle-nipper might not be putting together a football program whose bite can match the coach's yelp. Eventually."

Photo Credit: Wade Payne / Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment